Personal loan calculator
Find out how much you can borrow, what your repayments will be and how to pay off your loan sooner.
Personal Loan Repayment Calculator
Your personal loan details
Overview of your loan
|Years remaining||Principal remaining|
How to use the personal loan repayment calculator
The personal loan repayment calculator can help you see what your monthly repayments will be and how much interest you will pay over the life of the loan.
To use this calculator, you simply input your loan amount, loan term, the interest rate and your repayment frequency. After inputting all of the amounts, you can scroll over different points of the graph to see the progression of your loan at different points in time.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Why should I use a personal loan calculator?
A personal loan calculator helps you understand how much you can borrow and what your repayments will look like over time.
Here’s how a personal loan calculator can help you in different situations:
- When you're buying a car. If you’re buying a new or used car, you can use a personal loan calculator to see if you should get a secured or unsecured loan (based on the interest rate), and how long you can take the loan out for.
- If you're looking to renovate. Using a personal loan calculator before taking out a loan for home renovations can help keep your expenses in check by telling you just how much you’ll have to repay over time. This can help you choose between making affordable and not-so-affordable renovations.
- If you have debt and want to consolidate. Making multiple repayments each month can be a bother, and you might even be paying excessive interest on some of your credit cards or personal loans. By getting a personal loan to consolidate existing debts, you can save in the form of interest, and a personal loan repayment calculator can tell you by just how much.
- If you need a cash injection for your business. Certain lenders offer loans for businesses, and there are business loan calculators that can help you compare features in such instances as well. Typical business loans, for instance, offer lower interest rates when compared to personal loans for individuals.
- When you just need a bit extra to see you through. Do you need money to get by existing cash flow problems and aren’t sure which type of personal loan to take up? By using a personal loan calculator, you can compare different types of options, like secured loans, unsecured loans and payday loans. You can then make a decision that best suits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Why compare personal loans with Finder?
Our personal loan engine is completely free to use. There are no costs at all for you to use our database to find a better deal. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site.
We've researched and reviewed hundreds of loans as part of our Finder Awards. Our database and tables are always up-to-date and our in-house experts regularly appear on Sunrise, 7News and SBS News.
We are independently owned and have a mission to help Australians make better financial decisions. That means our opinions are our own and you can compare nearly every personal loan in Australia on the site (and find a better deal).
Since 2014, we've helped 300,000+ people find a personal loan by explaining your options simply. You don't need to give us any details to use our tables. We're here to help you make a decision.
We're here to help
More guides on Finder
UFC PPVs will move to exclusive Australian broadcaster in 2024
The biggest events in the octagon are getting an exclusive home.
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
An animated favourite returns and a noted showrunner adds to his CV.
Where to buy the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 in Australia
Find out where you can pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 in Australia right now with savings of up to $649.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 plans: Best pre-order deals in Australia
Samsung's finally unveiled the snazzy new Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5 and the pre-order offers from the telcos will get you heaps excited.
Dollar Saver tip #41
If you’ve worked from home at all over the past year you’re entitled to claim some money back as a tax deduction.
Dollar Saver tips index
Find all the weekly tips from our Dollar Saver newsletter and see how you could save.
Borrowers cut back on credit, but rising rates are pushing more to the brink
Credit card applications are on the rise, but everything else is down as more borrowers miss mortgage repayments.
Earn free Qantas or Velocity Points at JB Hi-Fi: Get in quick!
Get clever with gift cards and reap the (flight) rewards.
Lights out: Aussies slapped with $800 hike to energy bills
Australian households are facing an energy crisis as price hikes coincide with peak winter demand, according to new research by Finder.
Barbie mania is impacting the stock market
The Mattel doll is taking the stock market for a nostalgia-fueled ride.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate from 6.57% p.a. to 20.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A personalised loan from $2,001 to $75,000 that varies based on your credit history and financial situation.
You'll receive a rate from 6.99% p.a. to 18.49% p.a. with a comparison rate from 7.69% p.a. to 19.09% p.a. if you're approved.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants. T&C's apply.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 20.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.75% p.a. and 26.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
Apply for loans from $5,000 and get a dedicated loan manager. No security required.
Ask an Expert